- Frequency: 370 Hz
- Intensity in 1/3 octave band level @ 1m: 130 db(A)
- Intensity @ 1m: 132 db(A)
- Ship Class: III, IV
- Power Source: Compressed Air
- Audibility Range: 1 NM
- System Voltage: AC 1 phase (115V/230V) and/or 24V DC
- Air Pressure: 6-40 bar
- Air Consumption: 8-12 l/sec
- Material: Corrosion and seawater resistant, including brass casing and copper horn
- Dimensions (L X W): 560 x 380 mm
- Weight: 8 kg
- Diaphragm sound transmitter
- Signal released by an electro-magnet or manually using a hand pull-rope
- A second electromagnet for emergency voltage can be provided to avoid cost of laying hand pull-rope
- Anti-condensation heating keeps horn and operating valve free from condensed water and ice
- Full compliance with Colregs 1972 Annex III, IMO, and USCG regulations
- Approved by all well known international authorities and classification societies
- Near maintenance-free
- Low Weight
The Makrofon is a compressed air or carbon dioxide powered diaphragm sound transmitter. Makrofons are reliable whistles distinguished by their low air consumption, strong sound intensity, and wide range of audibility. Due to their simple and solid design, Makrofons are practically maintenance-free. The diaphragm casings are exclusively made of bronze or brass and seawater resistant plastic is used for the protective cover.
Zöllner offers complete ship set solutions: Horns, bells, gongs, maneuver lamps, sound reception devices, signal controllers, and inclinometers.
All information provided by this website is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified.